Living Tiny

Progress….just a little

The new Self Build and Custom Housebuilding Act came into effect this year, ironically on 1st April. Although it does not change many of the current restrictions and processes relating to self-building, from April 2016, councils have to keep a register of aspiring self and custom home builders when planning for future housing and land use. This means you can register your interest for a plot of land in the local authority which covers the area where you want to build your home.

nacsba-logoVisit to find your local register, and express your interest. Unfortunately, but not surprisingly, my local authority does not have a register yet, even now, in July!. Watch this space though…..


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s